This workshop for yoga teachers and trainee teachers is aimed at developing the skills required to:
- assess and evaluate the physical and psycho-emotional components of yoga students in a class situation, and to
- use physical contact in asana to communicate skilfully in a way that supports verbal skills in the yoga teaching context
- Introduction to the what and why of ‘body reading skills’
- Exploration of the gravity model and the use of mid line and horizontals
- Exploration of the fluid model and the use of diaphragms and lateral curves
- Exploration of functional assessment models encompassing foundation, connection (and breaks), breath and habitual patterns
- Exploration of mind in body indicators
- Localised defences
- Introduction to skilful touch principles and practice
- Why to touch
- When to touch
- How to touch
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for people who:
- are teaching or learning to teach asana, and/or
- are interested in the body-mind concept and wish to deepen their exploration of the inter-relationships between the physical, mental and emotional aspects of our being
This 1-day workshop (typically 10am-4pm with 5 hours teaching time) contains a mix of tutor presentation, group discussion and practical exploration involving individual asana practice and group work.
Recommended maximum numbers for this workshop are 20 participants.
Ade works as a Rolfer, Craniosacral Therapist, and Yoga teacher in Henfield, West Sussex.
His yoga story is centred around a daily ashtanga yoga practice begun in 2000 and involving extensive periods studying with Nancy Gilgoff at her home in Maui. Latterly, he has also been influenced by teachings inspired by the work of Vanda Scaravelli through explorations with Suzi Daw in Brighton. He was blessed to study the Dharma with Sonia Moriceau up until her death in 2013.
He completed the BWY Diploma in 2004. From then until 2014 he taught from a converted barn in the Black Mountains of South Wales. His bodywork studies and practice deeply inform his teaching, which continues from his new home in Sussex and via workshops in the UK and Switzerland.
He is a Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals and a BWY CPD tutor. He has been teaching workshops and extended programmes for yoga students since 2006.
Booking this workshop
To discuss availability, fees and partnership delivery options please contact firstname.lastname@example.org