This workshop provides an exploration of the Ayurvedic concept of 5 element theory and its application in yoga practice.
We will use 5 element theory to explore the physical and psycho-emotional elements of yoga asana practice. We will also consider how that the
- Overview of 5-element theory and the context within Ayurveda and Yoga
- Asana based exploration of each of the 5 elements – earth, fire, water, air and space.
- Consideration of the integration and dynamic equilibrium of the 5-elements as a flexible ‘ideal state’ both on and off the yoga mat
- Personal and group assessments of 5-element balance in the context of asana – learning to see the elements in ourselves and each other
- Consideration of 5-element theory in the context of yoga practice and teaching – sensation versus instruction
- Closing meditation.
Who is this workshop for?
This day is aimed at anyone interested in the wider aspects of yoga and how to engage personally with philosophical concepts. It will provide an opportunity to explore why such concepts might be helpful in yoga practice, teaching and life in general. It will also give the possibility to learn a very personal way to engage with asana.
No pre-requisite studies in yoga philosophy or Ayurveda are required.
This 1-day workshop (typically 10am-4pm with 5 hours teaching time) contains a mix of tutor presentation, group discussion and practical exploration involving individual asana practice and group work.
Recommended maximum numbers for this workshop are 30 participants.
Ade works as a Rolfer, Craniosacral Therapist, and Yoga teacher in Henfield, West Sussex.
His yoga story is centred around a daily ashtanga yoga practice begun in 2000 and involving extensive periods studying with Nancy Gilgoff at her home in Maui. Latterly, he has also been influenced by teachings inspired by the work of Vanda Scaravelli through explorations with Suzi Daw in Brighton. He was blessed to study the Dharma with Sonia Moriceau up until her death in 2013.
He completed the BWY Diploma in 2004. From then until 2014 he taught from a converted barn in the Black Mountains of South Wales. His bodywork studies and practice deeply inform his teaching, which continues from his new home in Sussex and via workshops in the UK and Switzerland.
He is a Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals and a BWY CPD tutor. He has been teaching workshops and extended programmes for yoga students since 2006.
Booking this workshop
To discuss availability, fees and partnership delivery options please contact email@example.com